Monday, July 17, 2017

Building an Empire


"... baby I'm from New York 
                              concrete jungle where dreams are made of... "


Hello everyone!
it's the 13th day of KKN already and at the very moment, I'm in Padang for monitoring and evaluation of my team's Pekan Kreatifitas Mahasiswa in Pengabdian Masyarakat ( Community Service ) field.

So... it seems like everyone of my medical friends who are having KKN have been posting their so-called-KKN-but-turn-out-to-be-vacation pictures...hahahha.. 😎😁

I,myself also felt that way.
My slogan was so right ...

" KKN is a summer camp only cheaper....and remoter " 👴😎

My jorong ( it's like village ) cosist of 7 students...and luckily I have Bang Firman, who is my 2013 senior from Medical in my jorong. #Yayness 👏👐👯


Things have been fun. So many new things to learn, to understand.
And one of the finest thing that happened

" Bahaso minang Gladys lah lancar yo..."

Man!!
It was an honour. 😊😉
2 and a half year in CIMSA, in which one year being Community Development Coordinator, has thaught me not only the health condition in Padang and the people.. but also the culture, and how to blend with the people... in attitude, and of course in language.


It feels so good whenever i'm put in a community with different daily language, I get to learn them too.
It was first with my junior and high school...in which 95% of my friends were speaking Hokkien (sorry if I mistype it)

And now, in Padang with the Minang Kabau culture.

And I am praying and hoping that when I'm having internship, i go to Bataknese community..so I get to re-learn my own culture and language...before I ughhh "in-laws" and embarrass myself if i don't even know my own culture and language...hahahahha


































Thanks God for everything...for the dreams and the way towards them...
for Your ways....

No comments:

Post a Comment